Timothy Lee, qualified Toastmaster and Master of Ceremonies, tells us exactly what a Toastmaster does and why you’re wedding day won’t be the same without one.
What is a Toastmaster?
You’ve spent months and thousands of pounds planning your wedding, so when it comes to the day itself your main priority should be enjoying yourself. The last thing you want is to be worrying about the day running smoothly. (That’s where Timothy comes in.)
Your Toastmaster is there to make sure everything, right down to the tiniest of details, runs without a hitch. This can include greeting guests, rounding everyone up for photographs, announcing speeches, and even things like triple checking that the sound system is working and looking over the seating plan. Basically, all the things you don’t want to be thinking about.
Not convinced? Timothy tells us his top 10 reasons why everyone needs a Toastmaster at their wedding.
1) First and foremost, if you want to relax and enjoy your day whilst someone else fusses over the details, a Toastmaster needs to be moved from your wish list to your list of must-haves.
2) If you think a Toastmaster isn’t within your budget, do a little research before you make your mind up. Timothy, for example, can offer a range of packages and prices that are designed to suit your needs
3) Your Toastmaster will have worked in all kinds of venues and has A LOT of first-hand experience of what works on the day and what doesn’t. In the lead up to your wedding, he or she will be the perfect person to go to for impartial advice.
4) Your Toastmaster works for you, not your venue. They are free of limitations and their first priority is your happiness on the day.
5) Your Toastmaster isn’t just there on the wedding day itself. Timothy is available 7 days a week to provide help and advice during the wedding planning process, and will book in a face-to-face meeting with you early on, so that he can get to know you and what you want from your day.
6) Your Toastmaster will arrive early on the day to ensure everything has been set up as you want it, and will work closely with the venue to ensure everything runs to schedule.
7) Your Toastmaster can even offer advice and reassurance if you or any member of the bridal party are nervous about the speeches
8) Your Toastmaster will also arrange all of those little aspects of the day that don’t organise themselves, such as the receiving line (if required), the cake cutting ceremony, the throwing of the bouquet and the first dance (subject to package agreed).
9) Your Toastmaster can also do things like collect your wedding gifts and make sure they are safely stored, make sure your guest book is signed by all your guests and ensure any disabled and elderly guests are properly cared for.
10) For Toastmasters, like Timothy, who are a member of a large Association, they will always have reliable colleagues who can step in at a moments notice, should the worst happen and your Toastmaster fall ill ahead of the day.
Things To Know When Booking Your Toastmaster
The role of a Toastmaster is a serious one. So serious in fact, that you should only consider hiring one if they are a member of a reputable Guild or Association. Timothy is affiliated to the Toastmaster General Council, a fully qualified Graduate from the UK School of Professional Toastmasters and a founding member of the Association of the UK School of Professional Toastmasters. His capable and experienced hands will make sure your day is perfect.
The Red Coat
Traditionally, the Toastmaster will wear a red tailcoat and formal white tie. The bold dash of colour will help distinguish him or her from the other guests, so everyone knows exactly who to speak to if they have any questions or experience any issues. However, if you don’t think the red coat will suit your style of wedding, that’s no problem. They can wear something else that’s more fitting, it’s completely your choice.
When To Book
Having a Toastmaster is an integral part of your day. It is important that you get to know each other and that they are fully involved in all your plans- they need to know the details as well as you do. Book early to ensure you build that rapport and confidence.
Timothy advises that you budget between £400 and £600 for the day. Each wedding is unique and will involve different services, so prices vary. Book an initial consultation with Timothy to discuss your needs and agree on a formal fee.
If you’re suddenly wondering as to why you hadn’t considered a Toastmaster before this point, not to worry. Get in touch with Timothy by heading to his website, calling him on 07769 704315 or emailing him at email@example.com.